- Public Works
- Grapple Truck Service
Grapple Truck Service
The City grapple truck will pick up the following provided they are homeowner generated. These services are not for landlords, contractors or persons of hire.
Only active residential accounts that meet the guidelines below will be serviced. Violation of these guidelines may result in charges being filed with the Orange Municipal Court.
City grapple truck will pick up the following limited to 1 pile that shall not exceed 6’L x 4’W x 4’H:
- Construction and demolition debris such as sheetrock, lumber, fencing, building materials;
- Used furniture such as couches, mattresses, chairs, end tables, lamps, patio furniture;
- Used appliances such as washers, dryers, dishwashers;
- Refrigerators and A/C units that have a certification sticker that all freon has been removed;
- Tree limbs and cuttings.
The City grapple truck will not pick up the following items:
- Regular household garbage including food, diapers, clothing, paper items;
- Wet solid waste;
- Automotive parts or any machinery that may contain gasoline;
- Soil, rocks, or stones;
- Appliances containing Freon;
- Household chemical waste such as pesticides, herbicides, paints, solvents, oil, or fuel;
- Tires of any kind;
- Bagged yard waste such as leaves or grass clippings;
- Medical waste;
- Items located on a commercial property.
Residential Limb Collection Guidelines
This service is currently provided by City staff using a grappling truck. These guidelines to provide a limb collection service to single family residential units for owner generated yard waste. It is NOT for the use of persons who are in the business of yard care, landscaping, tree trimming or removal for hire. Should you hire someone to cut down a tree, make sure they are prepared to remove the cuttings; otherwise the City may charge you for picking up. The residential customer must be paying for garbage monthly on their billing from the City in order to qualify for this service.
Tree limbs and brush should be stacked on street rights-of-way (or, within 3 to 6 feet of curb or driving surface of the street) for collection by City staff using a grappling truck. Stacks shall not exceed 6 feet long by 4 feet wide by 4 feet tall and be limited to 3 piles. The limbs cannot be larger than 6 inches in diameter. Please adhere to the size requirements for the protection of our staff and to maintain our equipment. These tree limbs and brush will be picked up at no charge, provided the following conditions are met:
- No other type of waste is mixed in with the pile;
- No trees or limbs larger than 6 inches in diameter; and
- No tree cut down by someone you hired.
Overhead wires and tree limbs
For safety reasons, limbs and brush piles should not be placed under or near low-hanging wires or limbs, as the equipment requires operating room directly above the pile.
In the event your items do not meet our specifications, we will leave a yellow door tag as to why. If tagging is necessary, there will be a delay possibly until your area’s next scheduled pickup.
The City limb pickup is scheduled on certain weeks. We determine the weeks based on the 1st Monday of each month. We do pickups for weeks 1, 2, 3 and 4. If a month has a 5th week, we do not run a route until week 1 of the next month. Items must be placed at the curb by 7:00 am on the Monday of your collection week.