Two proofs of address and a photo ID are required to obtain a library card. Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Driver's license
- Printed checks
- Utility bills
- Voter's registration card
- Any official document listing name and address
Residents of the City of Orange
Residents of the City of Orange may obtain a library card free of charge. The resident must complete a registration form and show two forms of identification with name and current local address and a photo ID. Children's applications must have the signature of the parent or legal guardian. A limit of three items may be checked out at a time for the first month.
If a person lives outside the city limits but owns city property, they may obtain a library card at no charge. In addition to the required 2 proofs of address and photo ID, please provide a receipt showing city taxes have been paid.
Lamar State College-Orange Students
The Orange Public Library and Lamar State College-Orange have a reciprocal agreement. If a person has an Orange Public Library card, that person may check out items from the local Lamar library. Lamar students may check out items from the Orange Public Library. Students enrolled at the Lamar Orange campus for the current semester may obtain an Orange Public Library card free of charge.
Bring the required 2 proofs of address and student ID (stamped to demonstrate enrollment for the current semester). Cards must be renewed every four months. Loans are limited to books and magazines only.
Anyone having a permanent address may purchase a library card. Payment methods accepted are cash, check, or money order.
Fees are as follows:
- Single membership - $25 per year, A limit of 3 items at a time for the first month. A limit of 8 items per visit after the probationary period.
- Family membership - $40 per year, A limit of 3 at a time, per card for the first month. A limit of 8 items per visit, per card after the probationary period.
- Punch Card - $10 (to check out a total of 10 items) Limit: Three items per visit
- Student card - $5 per four-month period ( Limit: Five items - Books and magazines only.
Library cards must be renewed yearly. When renewing you must show your picture I.D. and 2 proofs of address.