- Boards & Commissions
- Board of Adjustment
Board of Adjustment
- 5:30 pm
- Meets as needed
- Neighborhood Facility Building
303 N. 8th Street, Orange, Texas 77630
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Created by Ordinance 1984-62, the Board of Adjustment consists of five members appointed by the city council for terms of two years.
|Name||Date First Appointed||Term (2 years)|
|Linn Cardner||11/13/2018||12/31/21 to 12/31/23|
|Edward Freiberg||10/9/2012||12/31/20 to 12/31/24|
|Todd Loupe||12/31/2022||12/31/22 to 12/31/24|
|Isacc Henry III||1/8/2019||12/31/20 to 12/31/24|
|Mark Ferrell - Alt Member||2/25/2020||12/31/21 to 12/31/23|
|William "Keith" Longlois||6/8/2021||12/14/21 to 12/31/23|
About the Board
The Board has the authority to:
- Exercise the appropriate power, authority, and duties pursuant to the laws of the State of Texas and ordinances of the City of Orange;
- Act on applications for variances to the zoning ordinance;
- Act on applications for special exceptions to the zoning ordinance;
- Decide appeals from an administrative decision of city staff; and
- Hold public hearings in conjunction with the city council, as necessary.
Once an application has been heard by the zoning board of adjustment and denied, the same or substantially similar subject may not be heard by the board until twelve (12) months have lapsed. This board was established according to applicable state law primarily to grant variances from the strict application of the Zoning Ordinance. It also is empowered to approve special exceptions.