To apply for a building permit for new construction and alterations the City of Orange requires the following:
Complete and submit application for a building permit. MEPs require separate permits.
Submit two (2) completes set of construction documents and one (1) digitized copy for commercial construction that includes the following:
- A scaled site plan showing all existing buildings, proposed buildings, the distances between all buildings, the distances from buildings to the property lines and parking areas.
- Foundation and building plans with plumbing, electrical and mechanical plans. Load calculations required.
- Rainwater drainage plan/study for new construction.
- Scope of Work and Code Analysis for commercial construction
- Verification of Energy Code compliance (ComCheck, ResCheck or equivalent).
- Elevation Certificate if construction is located in the special flood hazard area (zones A and V).
- Asbestos Survey for all commercial construction in existing buildings.
- Architectural Barriers Registration number for non-residential projects over $50,000.00 valuation
The City of Orange has adopted the following codes:
- 2003 International Building Code and the 2003 International Residential Code.
- 2002 National Electrical Code, and the 2003 International Building Code, whichever is most stringent.
- 2003 International Plumbing Code and the 2003 International Building Code, whichever is most stringent.
- 2003 International Mechanical Code and the 2003 International Building Code, whichever is most stringent.
- 2015 International Fire Code and the 2003 International Building Code, whichever is most stringent.
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code as adopted by the State of Texas.